Death Knight’s were a class first introduced in the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. They deal deadly melee damage using weapons forged with magic, can use magic to heal themselves or destroy their enemies and use heavy armor to protect themselves and their allies. They have 2 different consumable resources. What’s not to love about them? This is the only hero class in WoW meaning you get to start at level 55 only if you have an earlier character that is already on level 55 or higher.
So many to choose from since any race can be a Death Knight. Each race has its own pros and cons and depending on their racial abilities these pros and cons can be pretty notable.
For alliance I suggest using Worgen as Death Knight as it increases your critical hit damage by 1% also they look good. For horde I think Orcs are the best choice as Death Knight. Your attacks have increases power and your pets inflict 5% more damage. With Death Knight’s you can choose from 3 stances known as Presence:
- Blood: They act as guardians and are useful as Tanks. Stamina is increased by 8%, armor by 30% and damage taken is decreased by 8%.
- Frost: Great for a DPS boost. Adds strength that increases DPS and Runic Power Generation by 10%.
- Unholy: Speed of attack and Runic Power Generation increase by 10%. You also witness a 15% increase in movement speed and a cool-down of 0.5 seconds on all your abilities.
For Frost and Unholy Presence I suggest focusing primarily on strength since it is your primary ability and as a secondary stat I think there is a tie between Expertise Rating and Hit Rating.
For Blood Presence I suggest first focusing on mastery since Death Knights diminish most of the enemy attacks using Blood Shield while acting as a Tank. Dodge or parry should be focused on secondarily but usually parry is favored upon dodge. Stamina is also something you should not forget about.
Who does not want to get to level 90 ASAP? Regardless of the specialization you choose, we suggest focusing on the following talents for quick leveling.
- Level 56 – Unholy Blight – Infect your enemies with your disease within 10 yards for 10 seconds.
- Level 57 – Anti-Magic Zone – Place a ring anywhere on the map which creates an Anti-Magic zone where your allies take 40% less damage from spells. Lasts 3 seconds and has a 2 minute cool-down.
- Level 58 – Death’s Advance – In passive mode you move 10% faster and in active mode you move 30% faster. Also some % of movement impairing effects is decreased. Useful for a quick attack or a quick getaway.
- Level 60 – Death Pact – Instant heal. Deplete your minion’s health by 50% and in return heals 50% of your own maximum health.
- Level 75 – Blood Tap – Instant DPS boost and has no cool-down. Also utilizes 5 Blood Charges to activate a random fully drained rune as a Death Rune.
- Level 90 – Remorseless Winter – This talent acts as a slow as well as a stun and works not only one a single enemy but on the whole team within 8 yards of you.